Sunday, January 5, 2014

Singing Christmas Tree

This year the theme for the High School Singing Christmas Tree was Christmas in Oz.  The Primary was invited  for the fourth year now to be the featured children's choir, however instead of doing one out of the four performances we were asked to do all four plus a dress rehearsal!  Which equals craziness!    It turned out to be so much fun though even through all the chaos,  and the kids had a great time dressing up like munchkins!  The whole performance was done so well.  Nicole's best friend Brooke did a fabulous job playing the part of Dorothy (yay Brooke!) and Nicole played the piano for a few of the choir numbers and had a solo.   Nathan snuck out of being involved at all since he's not in high school or in primary.  He was laughing all the way to his basketball games and not sorry a bit to not have to dress up and sing in front of hundreds of people.  It was a fun way to start the season and really got us in the Christmas mood:)  My kids are pretty cute munchkins I must say.





 


 

What a great picture;)

7 comments:

  1. So fun!! I love the last picture in black and white!! Your kids are darn cute munchkins and I am laughing that Nate was laughing so hard that he didn't have to be in it. :) Love and miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! I love these pictures!!! You should add a picture of Nate laughing :) haha just kidding. Dad was telling me how much he loved this! Dare, rockin a TimberBeast, love it!
    love, Tess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tess- he totally rocked the Timberbeast! (his bowtie that his Aunt Tess sells on their rockin website) and he had many primary girls who I heard thought he looked soooo cute. Don't tell him that though:) I had to seriously bribe him to sing at all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! Wish we could have come watched! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the pics!! Miss those kids! And I agree with Jandi, that last pic in B&W is gorgeous! Your little miss is so grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great pictures!!! I could smooch them right on my screen! We loved the performance and cant
    wait to get our copy. We'll have to watch it at reunion!! We love you guys ! (Nate, we know you have an 'inner singer' that is just waiting to come out!!!) Love, Grandma Baird

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun (and crazy I'm sure)!! I must agree, that picture of Nicole and Brooke is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete