Friday, February 6, 2009

Our Birthday Monkey!

Kurt has always reminded me of Curious George. My sister Ylfe made him a curious george rag quilt when he was a baby and gave him a big george stuffed animal that has been in his crib his whole life. So he loves and recognizes George as a good friend. When it came time for him to dig into his yellow hat cake he picked around at it, then siblings and cousins began picking at it and trying to show him to eat it. Whenever a bite of cake was put in his mouth he'd spit it out. I'm not sure what that says about my cake making skills...hmmm. Happy 1st Birthday Kurt!














Kurt was so happy with his birthday pizza. My sister Tess sent him a b-day card with some stickers that he became very attached to. He's holding them in most of the pictures. The stickers are now covered with pizza grease and frosting. And the wiggley eyes are long gone.



















6 comments:

  1. Looks like a very loved Curious George!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad he liked the stickers. He is such a cutie! I love the pictures.
    -Tess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kurt is so darn cute! I love the monkey suit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We LOVE the birthday cake and Kaden wants one just like it...well, except he wants a pirates birthday (but maybe we could have a George cake another time?!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kurt looks so cute! And I love the yellow hat cake idea. You are so creative. What a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun to see your family! I'm so glad we found eachother! Your family is beautiful! love, Brooke

    ReplyDelete