Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Oregon Trail


Today Derek spent the whole day dressed as a pioneer on the Oregon Trail. The 2nd and 3rd grade classes have been studying and preparing for this day all year. The school had the whole day set up with covered wagons, a trail to follow around the grounds with stops along the way and a campfire at the end. They were grouped into families and have been keeping Oregon Trail journals for a month or so. It was so much fun. Kurt and I got to be there to help. At one point on the trail, the kindergarteners (Lauren's class) came running through like a stampede of buffalo. They had big masks on and they were running like mad. I was actually feeling like I was on Little House on the Prairie...one of my life long dreams:)

3 comments:

  1. So fun!!! I wish I could have seen the stampede. Dare looks so cute and Kurt looks like a total split of Nate and Dare. i love you guys!
    -Tess

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! I love it! Even before I read Tess' comment I thought the same thing about Kurt. In one pic he totally looks like Nate, but then in another he looks like Dare. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! How fun! The kids will always remember it!

    ReplyDelete